Thursday, January 6, 2022
Dear NTA Parents and Families,
Based on the expected staffing levels at our school on Monday, January 10, classes will be canceled for our students. We hope to be able to welcome our students back to our school as soon as possible and will provide an update on our school’s plan for the remainder of next week.
As a reminder, there are many resources that families can take advantage of while our school is closed:
- Take-home breakfasts and lunches will continue to be available at our school from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. for all students.
- Independent Learning Projects are available for all students. Families may pickup Independent Learning Projects from NTA on Monday between 11:00 am - 2:00 pm. Packets will also be available on our school website.
- The Safe Haven Sites listed here are available for childcare. Sites will be open from 8 a.m.–3 p.m. Registration is available on site and a parent or guardian must be present with the child at the time of registration.
- Community-based organizations throughout the city are offering daytime programs for students. A list of programs can be found here. This list will be updated as new programs are identified. For more information about programs and how to register, please reach out to the contact or visit the website listed.
- Chicago Park District field houses will be open during normal operating hours. These facilities will be available to CPS students ages six and older. All Chicago Park District programs will take place as scheduled. For more information on park locations and hours of operation, visit chicagoparkdistrict.com.
- Chicago Public Library locations are open during normal hours (children must be accompanied by an adult and can’t be left at the library unattended). Libraries will have grab-and-go kits with activities for children to do in the library or to take home.
You can expect to receive a message for Tuesday, January 11th, by 4:00 p.m. Monday, January 10, regarding our school’s plan for Tuesday, January 11.
I am extremely grateful for your continued patience and support during this challenging situation. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our school directly.